ART AND DESIGN:TEXTILES (GCSE)
- In this course, you will complete several Art & Design projects, which have a Textiles outcome.
- You will study methods of decoration and embellishment ranging from batik, screenprinting, embroidery, appliqué and lino printing.
- In all the projects, you will learn about artists and designers from other times, cultures and the present day. This will influence and develop your skills to produce beautiful pieces of textile work.
- This course enables you to work in a whole variety of techniques and media and therefore is an excellent basis for students wishing to pursue a career in art or design based industries.
- Much of the work you do in this course will be familiar to you as it leads on (at a higher level) from the work you completed in KS3.
- You will be expected to research your work and keep workbooks throughout the duration of the course.
Much of this work will be completed in your own time.
All work produced in class and at home is part of the coursework unit and must be completed to a high standard.
Over the two-year course you will produce two units of work. These units will make up the coursework component and the examination component. The examination component will be made up of eight weeks preparation and a ten-hour examination.
The coursework component is worth 60% of the overall grade. The examination component is worth 40% of the overall grade.
The ideal candidate
- Is interested in art/fashion/interior design/textile design
- Able to work independently and complete work on time
- Likes to explore art techniques and medias
- Likes to explore the work of artists and designers
- Is fully committed and hard working