Art & Design: Fine Art (GCSE)
- In this course, you will study drawing, collage, various sculpture techniques including construction, modelling and maybe carving.
- You will also complete units of work in printmaking and painting and will use ICT and photography alongside these options.
- You will also learn how artists have worked over the past five thousand years.
- You will have the opportunity to visit museums and galleries which will add knowledge and enable you to be successful in the GCSE examination.
- You will be expected to research your work and keep coursework art books throughout the duration of the course.
Much of this work will be completed in your own time.
All work produced in class and at home is part of the coursework unit and must be completed to a high standard.
Over the two-year course you will produce two units of work. These units will make up the coursework component and the examination component. The examination component will be made up of eight weeks preparation and a ten-hour examination.
The coursework component is worth 60% of the overall grade. The examination component is worth 40% of the overall grade.
The ideal candidate
• Is interested in Painting
• Able to work independently and complete work on time
• Likes to explore art techniques and medias
• Likes to explore the work of artists
• Is fully committed and hard working.